Lost and Found Pets in El Paso
Get help from our community finding or reuniting a pet with its loving family.
We Help Lost Pets
We use our networks to help pets in need
Lost and Found Pets in El Paso is a marketing agency that helps people and pets in the El Paso metro area, and surrounding communities reunite with their families and find help.
“To be a resource for all those seeking help with a pet.”
Guides for helping pets in need
Get help by using our community resource pages when looking for, finding, or trying to help a pet in need.
Frequently asked questions from people looking for help
- Free Option: If you have a Facebook account, you can visit our page and click on the "Create a Post" button at the top. You can then add a photo or video, write a description, and include the pet's location in need. You can also post on our Facebook group. It's important to keep in mind that posts must meet our page rules to be shared with our followers. Post requests are shared 2-3 times per day by an admin.
- Paid Service: If you don't have a Facebook account, prefer to remain anonymous, or need immediate help, you can request assistance by visiting our website at lostandfoundpets.in/post. Our team will get immediate notice and then share it with our Facebook, group, and Instagram accounts. You also have the option of us creating a Facebook or Instagram Reel or Story. You can also run an ad from this page to reach even more people in a specific location. By posting this way, you can get seen by a wider audience and get one-on-one help from an admin.
If you find a lost pet in El Paso, there are a few steps you should take to help reunite the pet with its owner:
- Check for identification: Look for a collar and ID tags on the pet. If the pet has identification, contact the owner using the information provided on the tags.
- Check for a microchip: Take the pet to a local fire station in El Paso to have it scanned for a microchip. Many pet owners will have their pets microchipped, a small device implanted under the pet's skin containing their contact information. If the pet you found has a microchip, the fire department can scan it and contact the owner directly.
- Post a found pet report: Take a photo of the pet and post it on the Facebook page, Lost and Found Pets in El Paso, website lostandfoundpets.in, and other local groups, provide a detailed description of the pet, including the location and time it was found.
- Contact local shelters and veterinarians: Notify the local animal shelters and veterinarians in the area that you have found a lost pet. They may have been contacted by the owner and can help connect you with them.
- Keep the pet safe: Until the owner is located, ensure the pet is safe and comfortable. If the pet is injured or needs medical attention, take it to a veterinarian.
- Be patient: Finding a lost pet can take time, but with the community's help, the chances of reuniting the pet with its owner are much higher.
Following these steps increases the chances of finding the pet's owner and reuniting the pet with its family. It's also important to remember that the pet's safety is always a priority. Keep the pet safe, and do not give away the pet to anyone before you are sure you have contacted the pet's owner.
- Share your post: Share your post on your personal Facebook page, other social media platforms, and local groups.
- Use hashtags: Use relevant hashtags in your post, such as #lostpet, #foundpetelpasolowervalley, #ElPaso, and the breed of the pet. Doing so will make it easier for people to find your post when searching for lost or found pets.
- Include a photo or video: A photo or video of the pet will make your post more attention-grabbing and increase the chances of someone recognizing the pet.
- Be specific: Provide a detailed description of the pet, including its breed, color, and distinctive markings or features. Also, include the location and time the pet was last seen or found.
- Contact local organizations: Contact local animal shelters, rescue groups, and veterinarians to inform them about your lost or found pet. They may have resources to help spread the word and increase the visibility of your post.
- Keep your post updated: If you have any new information about the pet or if someone found it, update your post as soon as possible.
- Post from our website lostandfoundpets.in/post: You can submit a post with photos or videos, a description, and the pet's location from our website. Our team will review the post and share it on our Facebook page, group, and Instagram account and as a reel or story on Instagram and Facebook.
- Run an Ad: You can also run an ad to target our followers on Instagram and Facebook to increase the visibility of your post and help it go viral.
If you see a pet on the run, it is important to act quickly and responsibly to ensure the animal's safety and the people and other animals around it. Here are a few steps you can take:
- Remain calm: If you see a pet on the run, remain calm and do not try to chase or capture it. This can cause the pet to become more scared or aggressive.
- Please take a picture: Take a picture of the pet and the location where you saw it.
- Post on our Facebook page and website: Post the picture on our Facebook page, Lost and Found Pets in El Paso, and on the website lostandfoundpets.in/post under "On the Run" category and provide the location where you saw it.
- Contact local shelters and veterinarians: Contact local animal shelters and veterinarians to inform them of the pet on the run. They may have received reports of a lost pet matching the description and can help in the search.
- Keep an eye out: Keep an eye out for the pet and notify the authorities or the owner if you see it again.
- Do not approach the pet if you think it could be dangerous or if it is aggressive.
It's important to remember that a pet on the run may be scared and disoriented, so it's vital to approach with caution and allow time to adjust to its surroundings. The safety of the pet, as well as the safety of people and other animals, should always be the top priority. Posting the picture and location will help the community keep an eye out for the pet and increase the chance of reuniting it.
Yes, you can post anonymously on our Facebook page, Lost and Found Pets in El Paso. You can make a post on the website lostandfoundpets.in/post anonymously; our team will review it and share it to the page, group, and Instagram account. You can help a lost or found pet without compromising your privacy. It is important to keep in mind that your post should meet the post rules.
If you do not have a Facebook account, you can still post on our Facebook page, Lost and Found Pets in El Paso, by using the website lostandfoundpets.in/post. You can submit a post with a photo or video, a detailed description, and the pet's location. Our team will review and share the post to the page, group, and Instagram account.
There are several ways you can donate or help financially to the Facebook page, Lost and Found Pets in El Paso:
- Donate through the website: You can donate to the page through its website, lostandfoundpets.in/donate or CashApp.
- Partner with local businesses: You can reach out to local companies and ask them to donate a portion of their sales or profits to the page
- Fundraising events: You can organize or participate in fundraising events such as charity runs, bake sales, or silent auctions and donate the proceeds to the page.
- Sponsorship: You can sponsor the page or specific post, or campaign
- Volunteer: You can also volunteer your time and skills to help the page run more efficiently, such as by helping with social media, fundraising, or event planning.
It's essential to remember that each page may have different ways of accepting donations or help, so it's best to check the page's rules or contact the page's administrator to find out how you can help financially